The construction of VX belt filter presses reflects our years of experience with development, production and operation of belt filter presses for dewatering of various types of municipal and industrial sludges.
Gravity zone of the VX belt filter press is unusually long, longer than the gravity zone of a belt press with a comparable capacity from a different manufacturer. VX is capable of dewatering sludges with very low solids content (app. 1%) and with solids content with time-varying characteristics at the input of the belt filter press. Therefore, it is no longer necessary to connect a thickener to the dewatering line in order to increase the sludge solids content at the input of the belt press, as had been the case with certain applications. Thanks to the unique construction of the belt filter, the gravity zone extends over the upper and the lower belt. At the end of the upper belt, the sludge falls down onto the lower belt moving in the opposite direction, where the gravity zone continues. The filtrate that could possibly gather on the surface of the sludge cake on the upper belt is drained. Sludge without free liquids is then transported to the wedge zone.
Benefits of VX belt filter presses:
- 6 m long gravity zone enables dewatering of sludge with low solids content (about 1%) and time-varying solids content at the entry to the belt press.
- Filtered water from the press or drainage water from wastewater treatment plants can be used to rinse the belt, so no technological water is needed.
- A number of press parts (launders, feed hoppers, covers, etc.) are made of corrosion resistant materials (stainless steel, plastic).
- The independent drive without transmission of the upper and the lower belt ensures flawless machine operation and excellent runnability of the belt. The belt moves fluidly and belt deformation, which usually leads to the fabric damage, is no longer a problem.
- Speed of the belt can be adjusted by a frequency converter.
- The jointing material is made of stainless steel.
- All press parts can be made of stainless steel.
- Output cake solids content of municipal sludge reaches 18–35%.
We can produce belt filter presses of various dimensions, see table below.
Performance of the press depends on the type of sludge, flocculant and filter fabric used and the operator.
For more information about VX belt filter presses, please contact us.